Compost and soil moisture field day
Visit the Greater Sydney Local Land Services Demonstration Farm and learn how compost made from recycled organics affects soil moisture content during the growing season.
Greater Sydney Local Land Services, MRA Consulting, and Agnov8 invite you to hear about how compost impacts soil water retention and could reduce your requirements for crop irrigation.
At this workshop, you will
· Walk through the Demonstration Farm and see the EPA funded compost trial crops
· Discuss the impacts of using compost on soil moisture content
· Hear about the results of current compost trials
· Speak to compost producers and suppliers
· Speak to farmers currently using compost as part of their farming practices
· Enjoy a BBQ lunch
When: Friday 23 August 2019 - 11am to 2pm (BBQ lunch included)
Where: GS LLS Demonstration Farm
40 Edwards Road