Cover Crops Coaching Clinic 2021 - Woodridge, WA
Date: Wednesday 28 April 2021
Time: 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
Venue: TC Do & Son, 203 Caraban Road, Woodridge WA 6041
Join Dr Kelvin Montagu, lead researcher for the Hort innovation-funded Cover Crop Project, and Darren Long, Tasmanian vegetable grower and leading innovator in cover crops, when they share their experiences with and research into cover crop use in the horticulture industry.
Cover crops protect the soil from water and wind erosion, as well as add biomass to help maintain and build soil organic matter.
THIS PRACTICAL WORKSHOP WILL HELP YOU:
- Determine when and why cover crops should be included
- Optimise your window of opportunity with time and water
- Get the most out of your cover crops
- Determine the required equipment (sowing, termination & incorporation)
- Understand local soils while on a farm walk
SUBJECT TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS