Richmond demo site discussion meeting, TAS
Harvest Farms and the Soil Wealth ICP team have teamed-up to explore the application of organic soil amendments on babyleaf crop yield and quality.
The team at Harvest Farms have installed equipment to monitor wind, rain, evapotranspiration, leaf wetness, soil temperature and soil moisture as well as a pheromone sticky trap.
What you'll get out of the day
- Investigate crop monitoring equipment applications on your farm or in advice you provide
- Interaction and discussion with industry experts
- Opportunity to discuss progress at the Richmond demo site over the last 12 months
- A brief introduction to VegPRO VegInductions - an online induction resource for entry-level workers in the vegetable industry
- Ivor Gaylard, SWAN Systems - “Data-based decisions for irrigation management”
- Sophie Laspley, VegPRO Coordinator - “Compost use and microbiology” and “VegPRO VegInductions Resources”
- Lawrence Cowley, Harvest Farms
Date: Monday 15 April 2019
Time: 3:00-5:00pm (with free light refreshments)
Location: South East Trade Training Centre, 10 Forcett Street Sorell (on Sorell School farm)
RSVP: Donna Lucas, 0459 047 478 or donnal@rmcg. com.au
Thanks to our project partners Metos – Australia & NZ, SWAN Systems and OneHarvest.