Webinar: Integrated weed management - its future in vegetable farming
Date: Thursday 4 February 2021
Time: 1:00 - 2:00 pm (including Q&A session)
Integrated Weed Management (IWM) is vital for getting on top of weed problems in vegetable production, or for keeping the farm relatively weed-free. IWM involves combining all appropriate weed control options in a coordinated, supportive and flexible way.
This webinar will look into the future of IWM and how new innovations can benefit the vegetable industry.
- Brief introduction to the teams and projects
- Possible forthcoming innovations that may transform weed management in vegetables. Examples:
- Field robotics, e.g. Agerris/USyd - what it is and how it can benefit industry
- Microwave, e.g. Growave - what it is and how it can benefit industry
- Other innovations
- University of New England weed team representatives: Paul Kristiansen, Michael Coleman and/or Christine Fyfe
- SoilWealth ICP team representatives: Carl Larsen, Marc Hinderager
REGISTER FOR THE WEBINAR HERE.
The webinar is presented by the SWICP2 project in conjunction with VG15070 - A strategic approach to weed management for the Australian Vegetable Industry and funded by Hort Innovation using the vegetable and potato research and development levy and contributions from the Australian Government. Hort Innovation is the grower-owned, not-for-profit research and development corporation for Australian horticulture.