The Carbon Series Part 2: Soil carbon and carbon sequestration
This four-part Carbon Series from the Soil Wealth ICP project breaks down the practicalities of carbon farming for vegetable growers and looks more closely at soil carbon management.
The Carbon Series has been produced to help Australian vegetable growers to:
- Make decisions to manage soil carbon for increased productivity
- Calculate current emissions and assess the potential for emission reductions within their business
- Assess the viability of participating in an official carbon credit scheme
- Consider carbon neutrality as a path to differentiate products and the business, on the market.
Part 2 delves into soil carbon and carbon sequestration.
You can access other parts of The Carbon Series below:
- Part 1: Carbon farming and its relevance to Australian vegetable growers
- Part 3: Carbon emissions in vegetable production
- Part 4: Carbon accounting and the Emissions Reduction Fund.
Additional resources were also produced including:
- A podcast on certified carbon neutral sweet corn developed by Mulgowie Farming Company in Queensland
- A webinar recording of Carbon management on vegetable farms – emissions, sequestration and beyond.