Integrated weed management (Webinar 3 of 3): The future of integrated weed management in vegetable farming
Click on below links for additional resources on topics discussed in the webinar:
- Case study on innovation in IWM, Schreurs & Sons. Click here for case study and video.
- Nutgrass - integrated weed management: Click here for fact sheet.
- Oxalis - integrated weed management: Click here for fact sheet.
The presentation from the webinar is available to download here.
Integrated Weed Management (IWM) is vital for getting on top of weed problems in vegetable production, or for keeping the farm relatively weed-free. IWM involves combining all appropriate weed control options in a coordinated, supportive and flexible way.
This webinar will look into the future of IWM and how innovations can benefit the vegetable industry.
- Intro and projects, brief (3 min)
- Possible forthcoming innovations that may transform weed management in vegetables. Examples:
- Robotics for weed management and whole farm management implications (10 min)
- Drone technology and weed mapping (10 min)
- Microwave weed control (10 min)
- Q&A session (25 min)
Presenters and panel discussion members:
- University of New England weed team: Paul Kristiansen
- Stevtech Pty Ltd: Tristan Steventon
- Growave Pty Ltd: Liam Hescock
- SoilWealth ICP team members: Carl Larsen, Marc Hinderager, Pieter Van Nieuwenhuyse
The webinar is presented by the SWICP2 project in conjunction with VG15070 - A strategic approach to weed management for the Australian Vegetable Industry and funded by Hort Innovation using the vegetable and potato research and development levy and contributions from the Australian Government. Hort Innovation is the grower-owned, not-for-profit research and development corporation for Australian horticulture.