Using cover crops to manage mycorrhizal fungi in vegetable crops
Dr Kelvin Montagu summarises the potential role of cover crops in managing mycorrhizal fungi in vegetable production.
The webinar covers:
- Why mycorrhizal fungi
- Do Australian vegetable crops have mycorrhizal fungi – a survey of 50 vegetable crops
- Levels of mycorrhizae in vegetable growing soil
- Trials adding inoculant to cover crops
- Trials adding inoculant to cover crops and vegetable crops (leeks/corn)
- The webinar presents the work undertaken in the Optimising Cover Crops for the Australian Vegetable industry (VG16068)
This project has been funded by Hort Innovation using the vegetable research and development levy and contributions from the Australian Government. Hort Innovation is the grower-owned, not-for-profit research and development corporation for Australian horticulture.