Using drones to generate farm insights – Drone basics and operations including weed mapping
Watch this recorded webinar to learn all you need to know about the legal requirements for drone operators and how drones can help you manage daily challenges including weed control, presented by John Coulombe from Drone Training Solutions.
Click on below links for additional resources on topics related to the webinar:
- The drone is no longer just a toy: Rules, regulations, risks and responsibilities to be considered by drone owners. Click here for podcast by John Coulombe
- Drone applications make light work of tough jobs in Bundaberg. Click here for weed spraying video and case study on herbicide and UV paint application.
- Use of remote sensing technology in vegetable weed control and yield prediction. Click here for case study.
- Integrated weed management webinar series. Click here for Webinar 1 (A practical approach for vegetable growers), Webinar 2 (How cover cropping can improve its use for vegetable growers) and Webinar 3 (The future of integrated weed management in vegetable farming, including use of drones).
- Microwave weed control technology. Click here for case study.
The presentation from the webinar will be available soon.
The webinar is presented by the SWICP2 project and funded by Hort Innovation using the vegetable and potato research and development levy and contributions from the Australian Government. Hort Innovation is the grower-owned, not-for-profit research and development corporation for Australian horticulture.